April 15, 2009

Matching tins!

Bought years apart. Small tin from a Toronto (I think, or Halifax?) Value Village at least five years ago. Big tin last summer at a gas station in New Brunswick for $3! In their back room they had vintage items for sale.





If you look closely: in Brokeback Mountain after the two guys reunite and the wife watches them make out through the window, there is a scene in the front hallway of the apartment. On the shelves in the background—one of these tins!! Exactly the same.

Famous.

I keep colored pencils in them.

4 comments:

  1. Damn! I have a matching tin - not sure if it is the small one or the big one. Got it at Garage sale in northern Ontario two summers ago for $2. Thanks for further contextualizing one of my favorite finds - I knew it had queer connotations. By the way I keep cotton balls Q-tips and Band Aids in mine - placed neatly on a shelf in my washroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude - we have matching tins! we should all get together sometime (you, me, the tins, you know...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had one of these but my friend beat it up with a stick when he was drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. then did you beat up your friend up with a stick?

    ReplyDelete