June 29, 2009

Canada!

Have you heard of Value Village, the Canadian chain of thrift stores? Nothing like it exists in the New York area (that I can find). Organized, huge, and cheap! Even though we were only in Toronto for ten hours this weekend, we spent two hours at VV.

Check out my treasures!

Hand-embroidered white cotton napkins:





Linen napkins with maroon stripe:



Yaller stripe napkins:



Seersucker tablecloth!



Pierre Cardin placemats!





Whoa!

Some wool yarn:



(For a minute I was actually like, "Hey, cool! Yarn from emu wool!" Errrr. . .)

Vintage wrapping paper (my weakness):



And . . . one of these tube knitting dealios (which I had totally been wanting!):



Sigh. So so so happy.

It ain't for nuthin' that Canada's my home and native land.

2 comments:

  1. i too have a weakness for cloth napkins and vintage wrapping paper... i still have a stash that i started collecting in high school! we should show and tell :)

    ReplyDelete