November 10, 2009

Saturday night of shame

Before leaving for our friend's birthday party, around 9 p.m. Greg and I lay down to have a little half-hour nap.

And then...errrrrrrrrr...it was instantly 2 a.m.?

Yes, we slept through Alyssa's birthday. Us = accidental assholes.

The only upside is that we woke up on Sunday morning at the unprecedented hour of 7:45.

So we had lots of time to make a nice breakfast:



Lima beans with toasted garlic. Scrambled eggs with kale in a toasted flour tortilla. Apple slices. Coffee and juice.

We also cleaned and vacuumed the entire apartment, put a bunch of stuff out on the curb, sorted our mountain of laundry, washed and dried it, did an hour of freelance work, cooked a turkey and trimmings, went to the Met and saw a million paintings, talked to family on the phone, and watched The Hound of the Baskervilles.

Crazy.

3 comments:

  1. sometimes it is worth accidentally missing a party

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! My dad, who has a super hard-core work ethic is fond of saying things like "if you sleep past 8:00am, half your day is wasted" I love to sleep late, and do it any chance I get, but every now and again when I get up at the crack of dawn, I am always amazed by how much I get done.

    ReplyDelete