June 30, 2010

The problem with refusing plastic bags

You have no plastic bags.



What do you put your garbage in?

Our new solution: START COMPOSTING! "Trash" is dry so can go in paper bag; compost can go in reusable container (bag? bucket?) that we can empty at the park on Saturday when we go to the farmers market.

In the Canadas everyone composts . . . We're going to give it a go here.

(Once I figure out how to make decent yoghurt [not working!], we'll have the yoghurt-container problem licked. But there's still the juice-container dilemma!! We drink 4 or 5 plastic Red Jacket Orchards bottles a week. I AM NOT SURE WE CAN LIVE WITHOUT IT.)

3 comments:

  1. we use biodegradable bags for the compost...could work with garbage, too! only, it means buying them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having a similar problem. I love my compost pile though. And since we're out in the country I don't even have to DO anything to it, no adding worms or buying a special box. We just chuck it all in a pile in an out of the way corner. Its brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, but I'm drowning in a yoghurt container infestation. I'm definitely going to look into making my own yoghurt.

    ReplyDelete