May 4, 2011

Last week

I visited Los Angeles for the first time ever! People, did you know there are places where the weather is nice EVERY DAY, people are not completely stressed out, and it is not ugly at all??!

I wore flip flops, there were palm trees, I ate frozen yoghurt twice (very uncharacteristic!), I visited my friend's awesome live/work studio, I hung out with my pals, I ate SOOO much good food, there were doggies, I went to the beach and to the Getty, and in addition to a coyote, several hummingbirds, and three cottontails, I saw an amazing giant eagle!




























Wow, right?

5 comments:

  1. wow indeed. what's also pretty cool for me to see - being a south african reading in (from?) durban - is that the first 2 plants pictured are indigenous to sa! the cool spikey aloe plants and then the strelitzia (also known as bird of paradise, cos it looks like a bird obv).

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend told me that around 90% of the plants in LA are non-native; so it makes sense! It would be interesting to trace the routes they took to California.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. i like your leggings.
    2. i think i will paint my toes yellow in honor of you. yellow toenails! who knew they would be so awesome looking.
    3. is $17 really cheap for a buzz cut? i can do that for free, if anyone is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca, those are pictures from my street! That house with Bird of Paradise is seriously right across the street from my house. That's too funny. Glad to hear that you had a good time with the coyotes and the frozen yogurt and all the other wonders of Southern California!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, you must live right by my friend Sarah!

    ReplyDelete